The ACR I-Card or Alien Certificate of Registration Identification Card is a microchip-based credit card-sized identification card issued to registered alien replacing the paper-based ACR. It has an embedded computer chip with biometric security features capable of data management and can be updated electronically. It is fraud and tamper-proof/resistant with the following data:
- Personal information such as name, age, date of birth, place of birth, etc.
- Date and status of admission
- Visa type granted/date granted/date issued/ expiry date
- Biometric information (2 digitalized fingerprint templates)
- ACR and ICR/NBCR/CRTV/CRTT/CRTS and CRPE numbers
- Travel details
- Payment of immigration fees details
The ACR I-Card likewise serves as the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC), Re-entry Permit (RP) and Special Return Certificate (SRC) of the holder upon payment of the required fees.
All aliens who have been duly issued immigrant or non-immigrant visa and all other aliens who are required to register under the Alien Registration Act are required to register and apply for the ACR I-Card.