What is Treaty Traders’ or Investors’ Visa?

Investor-VisaAn alien investor is entitled to enter the Philippines as a treaty trader or investor if he/she is a national of the United States of America, Germany or Japan, countries with which the Philippines has concluded a reciprocal agreement for the admission of treaty investors or traders. The local petitioning company must be majority-owned by United States, German or Japanese interests. The nationality of the foreign national and the majority of the shareholders of the employer company must be the same.

The term “treaty trader” includes an alien employed by a treaty investor in a supervisory or executive capacity.

The following must be proved:

1)      the alien or the employer intends to carry on “substantial trade” between the Philippines and the country in which the alien is a national; or

2)      the alien intends to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the alien or the employer has invested, or  is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.

“Substantial trade” refers to a non-nationalized business in which an investment in a substantial amount in Philippine currency has been made. It is important to note, however, that the size of the investment is merely one of the factors considered in determining what is deemed “substantial trade”. The immigration office requires that the investment is at least US$120,000.00.


• Letter of request from the petitioning company;

• Application Form (BI Form MCL-07-01) accomplished and duly notarized;

Secure Alien Employment Permit (AEP) from the Department of Labor and Employment;

• Authenticated copy of the applicant’s passport showing current valid visa;

• Clearance Certificate issued by Bureau of Immigration;

• Any other documents which will assist in the evaluation process;

• If the applicant’s spouse and/or minor unmarried children under twenty-one years of age, accompany him, submission of certified true copies of the Marriage Contract, Birth Certificate(s) (authenticated at Philippines Embassy if issued abroad);

• Authenticated copy of passport, showing valid visa, of the spouse and minor, unmarried children.

What is a 13(D) Visa in the Philippines?

90af9361b7e087d8143e8eca64dafe1313(D) is an immigrant visa issued to a woman who was a citizen of the Philippines and who lost her citizenship because of her marriage to an alien or by reason of the loss of Philippine citizenship by her husband, and her unmarried child under twenty-one, if accompanying or following to join her.